2 in the morning, (near) the end of the summer
I'm writing from Moose Jaw. It's 2 a.m. I seem to have recovered for the most part from the jet lag but I keep staying up late trying to cram in all the visiting possible and now I can't seem to get to sleep early. I'm having an excellent time in
Saskatchewan. I went to a folk festival in Regina (yes, it is pronounced as you may fear it's pronounced...) last weekend and saw, among others, Sarah Harmer and Ron Sexsmith. They are a couple of my favorite songwriters, and it was inspiring to see/hear them both. Of course the most wonderful thing I get to do here is to hang out with my family. It doesn't feel at all like a year has passed, and then it does. That was a brilliant statement. I feel like I'm losing my ability to communicate in any language... I'm doing the tour of the province, trying to see as many people as I can in 13 days. Tomorrow I'm off to the south-east corner of the province to see my grandma and other relatives.
I will post very exciting photos of my trip to Taiwan (which was excellent, thank you very much K and J) when I get back "home." I'm not sure how I'll feel about going back to Japan, but I'm trying not to think about it... I'll hook up with Grant and his mother on Thursday in Vancouver, and from there we'll head to Mayne Island for the better part of a week. Fun, fun and more fun.
When I'm here, it feels a bit ridiculous to be writing on this thing. Who am I writing to is the question, I suppose. Maybe I'll tackle that in the morning.
Saskatchewan. I went to a folk festival in Regina (yes, it is pronounced as you may fear it's pronounced...) last weekend and saw, among others, Sarah Harmer and Ron Sexsmith. They are a couple of my favorite songwriters, and it was inspiring to see/hear them both. Of course the most wonderful thing I get to do here is to hang out with my family. It doesn't feel at all like a year has passed, and then it does. That was a brilliant statement. I feel like I'm losing my ability to communicate in any language... I'm doing the tour of the province, trying to see as many people as I can in 13 days. Tomorrow I'm off to the south-east corner of the province to see my grandma and other relatives.
I will post very exciting photos of my trip to Taiwan (which was excellent, thank you very much K and J) when I get back "home." I'm not sure how I'll feel about going back to Japan, but I'm trying not to think about it... I'll hook up with Grant and his mother on Thursday in Vancouver, and from there we'll head to Mayne Island for the better part of a week. Fun, fun and more fun.
When I'm here, it feels a bit ridiculous to be writing on this thing. Who am I writing to is the question, I suppose. Maybe I'll tackle that in the morning.

5 Comments:
I'm still interested in
your adventures, kate - keep writing even though you're in canada, ok? love sarah
By
Anonymous, at 12:27 AM
Hey,
I should have told you, Michael and Raina and Hali and Jeff and Paul and anybody else in Victoria that I'm still planning on getting there overnight. I'm so going to be there on either Tuesday or Wednesday, and I will make the necessary arrangements when I reach the coast. Love you, K
By
wakarimasen, at 11:36 AM
Hello Kate,
If you're in Victoria, look me up. My number's still in the phone book, or call the Belfry Theatre, if you have a chance. Look forward to hearing from you.
Keith Gacek
By
Anonymous, at 8:09 AM
God I wish I was still in vic, so I could see you, kate.
I miss you like hell, girl.
Diana
By
mollyblogger, at 11:00 PM
Brianna,
I'm sorry I didn't read this before I went to Victoria. As you'll see in the above photo, we had a reunion of sorts at the Garrick's Head. I wanted to get in touch with you, but stupidly had not secured your contact info. before. Next summer... Hope you're well.
K
By
wakarimasen, at 7:39 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home