This Guy's Scary
If you're interested in efforts being made to curtail women's freedoms in America, read this article, "Dr. Hager's Family Values" from The Nation. This article is shocking, well-written and disturbed me in more ways than I can name. Let me know what you think.

1 Comments:
It is a very well-written and disturbing article. I read it very quickly, I admit, so my comment should probably be taken with a shaker of salt, but my initial impression is that the man's views on women and women's reproductive rights are bad enough in and of themselves, and the story about his relationship with his wife seems a bit gratuitous. I mean, yeah, the guy's a raging hypocrite, and it's terrible. But also sort of irrelevant, isn't it?
Maybe it's a residual effect of the Clinton scandal: it's terrible and shameful that he cheated on his wife. But I'd like to think if George W. did the same thing, I wouldn't jump on the impeachment bandwagon with the Democrats (if they bothered to attempt such a thing.) He's done so much else that is so much more heinous...
I guess it's not an entirely apt comparison. Raping and degrading your wife is worse than getting a little head on the side from an intern, I think, in the grand scheme of things. (I'm sure Hager would disagree.)
It just seems like an ad hominem attack isn't necessary when the man's appalling political views speak for themselves.
Also, the Nation is run by a bunch of pinko commie America-hating pussies. (just kidding!)
By
Jane, at 9:26 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home