fatwhitegeisha

Thursday, May 12, 2005

enso yo

takoben

The night after we got back from Korea, Octopus Lunchbox (this jazz quartet) had a concert. The sax player is amazing, but is moving to New York at the end of June. The drummer, Kobayashi-san, keeps telling me I'm going to be the "main" after he goes, so I have about 25 jazz standards to learn. I'm hoping we'll be able to adapt some of my songs into a more "jazzy" style, or else to write some new songs that might suit the group. The concert was fun. It was in a miniscule coffee shop (as are all coffee shops in Japan), however, and their wasn't much room to groove. I've got to learn how to do that...

I promise to write something more exciting soon. Blogger seems to be restricted now from my workplace (uh-oh, don't know what's going on there...I'm sure it's just some kind of parental control thing meant for the students), so I haven't been able to write from work lately (which I likely shouldn't have been doing in the first place...)

I feel slightly desperate for contact from home lately, so if you're reading this, please, please leave a small comment. I'm looking forward to my trip home in August- I should be around Saskatchewan for the first two weeks, and then around Vancouver/Mayne Island for another week. Let me know if you wanna hang out, yo! Oh, I'll also be in Taipei for a two day lay-over to visit the lovely Kerri on my way home (but I'm sorry, if you want to fly to Taipei, my social calendar's all booked with KERRI and JIAHAO!) So looking forward to reconnecting with everyone.

6 Comments:

  • Hey Kate! When you're in Sask. you should hook up w/ Chai... let me know if you need his email address. I'd love to see you in BC when you're there - but I'm coming back to Toronto the third week of July. I'll just miss you. :(

    -- sarah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 AM  

  • Greetings not from home but from Philadelphia. I was just in Iowa for Matt & Kristin's wedding (fun!) and Pete and I said many, many times to each other how much we wished you guys were there. I am very fond of your Korean swimming frog. Sincerely,
    Earle

    By Blogger em, at 7:06 AM  

  • Earle,

    Korean frogS, I'm afraid. It was fornication city in that little puddle. How was the wedding? We really wished we could have been there too. It must have been nice to get to see everyone again. I'm still feeling nostalgic about Iowa, but not for this time of year last year when everyone was packing up house. What are you up to these days? Very good to hear from you. You've been silent too long, Mr. Hurricane.

    xo

    Kate

    By Blogger wakarimasen, at 7:29 AM  

  • Kate, darling, you should fly through Toronto... then at least I'd get to see you?!

    miss you!
    D.

    By Blogger mollyblogger, at 11:12 AM  

  • D,

    If Toronto were on the way to Moose Jaw from Japan, I would certainly come visit you. (hehe) You must be so excited that the Czechs won! I will visit you in Toronto one day- hopefully next summer (or fall) after we finish here and are okanemochi (rich!) I can't wait to check out the big T-O, as I never really have before. Of course we'll visit you too, Lucy. I'd like to see Chai. Maybe you could email Grant his contact details. Hope you're all well.

    xo

    Kate

    By Blogger wakarimasen, at 8:35 PM  

  • Wonderblossom,

    I was just thinking yesterday that it would be wonderful to see you and Mike. We're still thinking we'd like to come back to Victoria when we're through here, so stick around for awhile! If we have time, we certainly will drop by. I checked out your website yesterday. You look great! Take care.

    Kate

    By Blogger wakarimasen, at 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
free site statistics