fatwhitegeisha

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

If I had a million dollars

So, what's an underworked, sometimes ambitious ALT to do on the last day of classes before haru yasumi (spring break)? She's to demonstrate just how out of touch she is with not only Japanese youth culture, but culture anywhere and teach a pop song no one has listened to in at least ten years, that's what. I know it's not especially cool to like the Barenaked Ladies, but I have held onto a certain affinity I felt for them at the age of twelve, when Gordon had just come out. Amazingly, this lesson did not bomb, and my students sang along and tried their best to get their mouths around "but not a fur coat dress that's cruel" and sing it in time. Bless them. I'm sure they just think I'm odder now, but who's to say that's not the truth? I wish I'd taken some photos...

1 Comments:

  • That's a girl, spreading good old fashioned Canadiana to the farthest reaches of the world....

    The Ladies would be proud...

    By Blogger mollyblogger, at 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
free site statistics