fatwhitegeisha

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Marilynne Robinson: Gilead

I just finished reading Gilead. It's a wonderful novel. Kate's reading it now. Marilynne Robinson was my advisor at Iowa. I'd say it's a perfect novel. If anyone's looking for something good to read, I'd recommend it highly.

3 Comments:

  • Absolutely. It's so beautiful I have to read only a few pages at a time (so now I'm only at page 50.) It's so beautiful I have a hard time not bursting into tears after each paragraph. I want to buy this book for every person I love. Especially, my parents, my grandmas, my sisters, my brother, my aunts and uncles, the minister who performed our wedding cermemony (who the voice of this book reminds me of so poignantly.) As you can infer, it's a pretty amazing book and you should get your hands on it as soon as possible.

    By Blogger wakarimasen, at 10:28 AM  

  • I met her last fall at Harbourfront
    Reading Series, and unfortunately,
    found her very unfriendly and standoffish. I even mentioned you,
    Grant. Well, not by name - I hoped she would have wanted to have a dialogue with me, so I started with, "last year a very good friend of mine studied with you, and he had such wonderful things to say..." and she smiled this wan smile and looked disinterested so I said, "Yeah, well I'm not going to buy your book, then, so there."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 AM  

  • sorry - I'm not really anonymous. I'm Sarah.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
free site statistics