Two things made me laugh this week
#1:
The other day at school I asked one of the English teachers if I could borrow his eraser.
"My rubber, do you mean?" he said, holding up the eraser.
"Yes, please." I mumbled, trying to hold off a giggle.
"Here you are, Kate." A few seconds later he exclaimed, "Don't love it, just rub it!"
#2:
Later that day, I was proof-reading pen-pal letters for a ni-nen-see class with whom I've started a pen-pal exchange with a class in North Carolina. I had already gone through the letters once, and was quite confident I'd find nothing amiss. While skimming the last letter, however, I noticed that one of the girls who stated dancing as her hobby must have improvised at the last minute. She'd written: "I watch music videos and learn the dances. I like Brack music." The funniest thing was that when I showed it to another teacher, laughing, he said "Oh, that's a common spelling mistake." Sometimes I feel like I'm from another planet here.
G and I just got back from a hike up Kuratake- which I think is the highest mountain in Amakusa. totemo kirei deshita. Everything's still vivid, gorgeous green and it's starting to cool down a little. Finally. I'll try to be a bit more active on here soon. Our camera is not working, however, which is annoying. We went to Shimabara in Nagasaki prefecture yesterday and saw Mt. Unzen (another volcano, which was gorgeous) but have no photos to show for it. Hope you're all well. Does this feel like a group email, by any chance?
The other day at school I asked one of the English teachers if I could borrow his eraser.
"My rubber, do you mean?" he said, holding up the eraser.
"Yes, please." I mumbled, trying to hold off a giggle.
"Here you are, Kate." A few seconds later he exclaimed, "Don't love it, just rub it!"
#2:
Later that day, I was proof-reading pen-pal letters for a ni-nen-see class with whom I've started a pen-pal exchange with a class in North Carolina. I had already gone through the letters once, and was quite confident I'd find nothing amiss. While skimming the last letter, however, I noticed that one of the girls who stated dancing as her hobby must have improvised at the last minute. She'd written: "I watch music videos and learn the dances. I like Brack music." The funniest thing was that when I showed it to another teacher, laughing, he said "Oh, that's a common spelling mistake." Sometimes I feel like I'm from another planet here.
G and I just got back from a hike up Kuratake- which I think is the highest mountain in Amakusa. totemo kirei deshita. Everything's still vivid, gorgeous green and it's starting to cool down a little. Finally. I'll try to be a bit more active on here soon. Our camera is not working, however, which is annoying. We went to Shimabara in Nagasaki prefecture yesterday and saw Mt. Unzen (another volcano, which was gorgeous) but have no photos to show for it. Hope you're all well. Does this feel like a group email, by any chance?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home