tanoshikatta desu
So the performance was last night, and I think it went very well (of course I just listened to the video recordings Grant made and think my guitar and voice were too loud and that I rushed through everything, but that's likely just because it's hard to watch and listen to oneself!) About 40 people came- about half "gaijin" (foreigners) from around the area, and half Japanese (from my schools, and students recruited from Grant's. It was quite a big turn-out as the performance took place in a small tatami room in the upstairs of the cafe. Many people were very supportive and asked if I was going to do another performance, so I hope to start planning the next one. On the left in this picture is Keita, the Baobab's owner, and on the right is Kouji, my new guitar teacher.


3 Comments:
Congratulations! Now you absolutely must learn the Tom Waits song "Big in Japan" and perform it at your next gig.
By
Jane, at 3:15 AM
K,
It's so great that you're back out there and doing it. You are always a pleasure to watch and listen to. Congrats on your first gig out there and I hope one of these days you post the video on your blog (can you?). We here in Canada need to see all that talent too!!
Miss your music,
D.
By
mollyblogger, at 5:15 AM
Cause I'm big in Japan, yeah, I'm big in Japan, hey uh I'm big in Japan...
That would be funny, but I don't think I could pull off the growl.
By
wakarimasen, at 7:43 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home