fatwhitegeisha

Monday, February 21, 2005

Please complete these sentences

What I read for an oral exam this morning:

1) If movies were paintings,_______________________________.
2) If it should rain tomorrow, ____________________________.
3) If anyone should call, _________________________________.
4) With a little more money, ______________________________.
5) I ran to school ________________________________________.
6) A less experienced rider _______________________________.
7) A man with a sense of humour ___________________________.


I have special prizes for anyone who attempts this challenge. I have CANDY! Did you hear that? CANDY! In this bag I'm holding that says WERTHER'S ORIGINAL. Oh, you don't like Werther's Original? How about Pocky? I have a lot of Pocky, and I want to share it with you! Yeah you. Oops. Did I just get you in the head with that piece of hard candy? Sorry about that. Oh. You don't like speaking English, and I can go to _____? What's that? You won't be manipulated and bribed by your teacher? Oh, and you think I look sort of funny walking around school every day giving you a "thumb's up" sign on my way by? (Oh, what's "thumb's up?" You see this here, that I'm holding up? It's called a thumb. No, not "sum", thumb. That's T-H-U-M-B. Okay, so when I hold my THUMB up- Oh, do you know "up"? when something's facing up there, like UP, "up there", yeah, you got it, that's right, that's called a "thumb's up" sign.)

It's like pulling teeth up here, man. Oh, what's "pulling teeth?" You see, it's this expression we have in English that means that something, like something we're doing or trying to do, is tiresome. And maybe even painful. You see the comparison is to pulling out a tooth, which can hurt a lot, I'm sure many of you have had this experience..........


And further and further into the EFL language teaching abyss I descend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
free site statistics