fatwhitegeisha

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

You better not shout, you better not cry


santa
Originally uploaded by katesteak.
...or this dude will attempt to shimmy down your chimney on December 24th.

The other day I got one of my classes to colour some cards for a Christmas game I want to play next week (do they celebrate Christmas in Japan, you ask. Well, no, on the most part, but Santa is beloved, as are all of his kawaii little elves, by many. And we're going to sing Christmas carols!)

So, we were colouring, and most of the students were very earnestly working within the lines, using the traditional red and green. This one, however... I told him his orange-cheeked Santa looked a little intoxicated, and he said, "Yes. He is drinking," and after a little pause, "Every day."

2 Comments:

  • hello Kate and Grant,
    It isn't about the tree, or the "felt things", but about the spirit... Your unbridled enthusiasm to make your place christmasy is enough to make your litle tree and decorations shine. Merry ho ho and a happy new year! Please come home sooner than later, we miss you!!
    xo Hali

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:45 AM  

  • I miss you too, Hali! Thanks for posting. I wish I were coming home very soon (as in for Christmas) but alas... Are you really busy with finals? How's the weather in Victoria? (he he)

    By Blogger wakarimasen, at 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
free site statistics