fatwhitegeisha

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Pooh-chan


pooh
Originally uploaded by katesteak.
Howdy. It rained, very hard, for about 10 hours yesterday. We drove to a town about an hour from here called Misumi to have dinner at my new friend Megan's house. The drive was stressful (huge ponds of standing water/narrow roads) but made much more enjoyable by Grant's recent purchase of a little car stereo. I seem to be obsessed with the Beatles' "For you blue" lately.

We're in the process of Christmas-o-fying our apartment. Thanks to the hyaku-en shop (dollar store) we have acquired a horde of cheap green and red felt things, which we are trying to display in a tasteful manner. Photos of our humble artificial tree are pending.

Things are going quite well. I'm recovering from a mild bout of homesickness brought on by the pre- Christmas frenzy that seems to exist even in Japan (all stores are decorated for the season and the terrible canned carols are blaring.) Everything is about three times louder here, so even grocery shopping can send me into a catatonic spell (and make me want to strangle something...)

On that note...

1 Comments:

  • Just want you to know that my love for you two is like a mountain...and I also just wanted to post something to make you both happy seeing as I appear to have an email and telephone deficiency. Peace out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
free site statistics