fatwhitegeisha

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Mt. Aso


caldera
Originally uploaded by katesteak.
We just got back from an overnight trip to Mt. Aso, an active volcano about a three hour drive from here. It is of the Kumamoto (our prefecture...) hotspots, so we wanted to check it out. We stayed in a place called "Ohime pension village" in (you guessed it) a pension called "The Windy Umbrella" (but katakana-ized- it is pronounced more like ueendeambu-re-ra.) French cuisine last night that was excellent. And Mt. Aso is lovely. We will certainly return should you come to visit.

5 Comments:

  • Hi Kate,

    Nice volcano. I just thought I should come over to your turf to offer up an apology. I thought maybe an apology with the Babies in attendance would seem like a bit of a spectacle, as is everything thereabouts. But anywho, I'm sorry I forgot that it's you and not Grant who is from Moose Jaw. I realized my mistake soon after posting and did feel legitimately bad about it. I'd really like to think that I listened to you as much as I managed to listen to anyone else last year, and I'm flattered that you seemed to be surprised that I'm as much of a jerk as the rest of us jerks. If it makes you feel any better I have absolutely no idea where Grant is actually from, even though he's probably told me fifty times. Well, sorry. And it's nice to hear from you. Love you, too. Glad you guys are taking so many great pictures. Sincerely, Earle

    By Blogger em, at 4:35 AM  

  • Earle:

    I was actually trying to be funny, but Grant read my M.J. post soon after and detected more than a little hositlity in it. I honestly didn't intend it to be that way! I guess I have to work on that whole "tone" thing. I'm sorry!!! I'm the one who should be apologizing. Okay? G and I think of you often, and I know he's really hoping that you might (somehow?) find a way to visit us in Japan. While you're in N.Z. (which we've learned is no closer than the U.S. for you to come.) I hope you and Denise are doing well (I loved the "rock me like a hurricane" audio. That was hilarious.) We miss you, and you know I think you're lovely. Grant says you're adorable.

    By Blogger wakarimasen, at 6:55 AM  

  • Earle,

    I don't blame you for not knowing where I'm from. I'm guessing you could name the country (with 123% accuracy) and I'm guessing you could even list two or three of the places I've lived in the last few years. What more could a guy want? Well, actually, I realize I don't have your email. Would you email me? My address is first name.last name.gmail.com. Now the big test. Do you remember how to spell my last name? I want to be able to keep in touch with you without relying on blogs. Also do you have Pete's, Chang's and Derrcs? Could you send them my way too?

    About where I'm from, the easiest answer is Vancouver. And don't let Kate bully you. Rural NJ wasn't her first guess for you either. It was Philly. NJ was number two. So, don't feel so bad. As for me, as long as my friends laugh at ten per cent of my jokes (and in your particular case, smile every time I flex my muscles as I walk past) I don't really mind if they can't remember the town of my origin. Love you. G.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:44 AM  

  • Sorry, make that @gmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:45 AM  

  • I am extremely happy that this has all been resolved amicably. email forthcoming

    By Blogger em, at 2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
free site statistics