fatwhitegeisha

Friday, January 21, 2005

Taking the plunge...

I can always remove it, right? Here's a poem I've been working on lately.


Arashiyama

I sat with her there,
under the maples;
red and yellow leaves--
the breeze
which made her pull
closer to me.

Her hands were pallid butterflies
fluttering around the clasps of her handbag--
fingers so lithe and pretty.

She must have known then
what a mystery she was to me;
eyes still on the green water,
lips pressed together
in a expression of composure
she didn’t quite own.

She hadn’t grown into it yet,
that seriousness.
And I’ve often remarked since
how plain she was.
How ordinary.

You spoke to me of Arashiyama
and it reminded me of my old girlfriend-
the one who, unfortunately,
is not my wife.

1 Comments:

  • Hey K,

    Beautiful poem.

    I had a couple thoughts, triggered by your comment on my blog. One, I would be happy to host your songs on my website (if you'd like) or at least let you store the files on my webhost and then link to them from your blog. That way you can share yours too.

    Secondly is that I would love to visit you and since I should have 2 weeks of vacation this year, I might try to do that, maybe late summer... if I can get the money together, that is. Stupid money.

    Anyway... love you! (Hi Grant!)

    Talk soon,
    D.

    By Blogger mollyblogger, at 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
free site statistics