Let's speaking English
(I've "borrowed" this post from my friend- our neighbour here, actually- Casey's blog because I thought it was very amusing. What is missing is a photograph of a Q-tip box...)
Saturday, December 18, 2004
Say What?
If you can't read the caption on these q-tips, it says, "I'd like to doll myself up to the part you are not aware of. This is the way of my lifestyle."
I'm sure you're wondering what this means. Frankly, I have no clue. In fact, it doesn't really mean anything. But in Japan, English words don't necessarily need to have meaning, be grammatically correct, or even spelled properly to appear on clothes, goods, buildings, etc.
I guess people just think it's cool to have English words on things. It's a little strange, and kind of sad, I think. Still, it's always good for a laugh. Here's some things I've seen here:
--On the side of a large Japanese casino: "Exiting!" (That's supposed to be "exciting" for all you Dan Quayles out there)
--On a tank top that I bought: "You choise this way your life means"
--On someone's t-shirt: "Pretty Hip-Hop Dancing. Pretty 100%."
--On a notebook Meghan has: "If you do your best, you will succeed certainly. The probability of success is 99%."
--On a glass in our cupboard: "Happy go go. Hello Hello how are you? It's a twinkle happy!"
--At the store we were shocked to see little girls clothes (between infant and five-years-old) with the Playboy logo on them.
Well, you get the hint.....I'd just like to end this blog with some important words for all those I care about:
You choise this way your life means, my friends. Don't doll yourself up to the parts you are unaware of. And always remember that life is exiting. It's a twinkle happy!
Regards,
Casey
Saturday, December 18, 2004
Say What?
If you can't read the caption on these q-tips, it says, "I'd like to doll myself up to the part you are not aware of. This is the way of my lifestyle."
I'm sure you're wondering what this means. Frankly, I have no clue. In fact, it doesn't really mean anything. But in Japan, English words don't necessarily need to have meaning, be grammatically correct, or even spelled properly to appear on clothes, goods, buildings, etc.
I guess people just think it's cool to have English words on things. It's a little strange, and kind of sad, I think. Still, it's always good for a laugh. Here's some things I've seen here:
--On the side of a large Japanese casino: "Exiting!" (That's supposed to be "exciting" for all you Dan Quayles out there)
--On a tank top that I bought: "You choise this way your life means"
--On someone's t-shirt: "Pretty Hip-Hop Dancing. Pretty 100%."
--On a notebook Meghan has: "If you do your best, you will succeed certainly. The probability of success is 99%."
--On a glass in our cupboard: "Happy go go. Hello Hello how are you? It's a twinkle happy!"
--At the store we were shocked to see little girls clothes (between infant and five-years-old) with the Playboy logo on them.
Well, you get the hint.....I'd just like to end this blog with some important words for all those I care about:
You choise this way your life means, my friends. Don't doll yourself up to the parts you are unaware of. And always remember that life is exiting. It's a twinkle happy!
Regards,
Casey

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home