American Soldier Refugee Claimants
I was just thinking about the fate of the two American soldiers who filed for refugee status last spring. Reading an article from a socialist newspaper on-line, I learned that the government of Canada is pressing to make the matter of the legality or illegality of the war in Iraq irrelevant to the refugee claim. This angers me no end when the Chretien government also questioned the legality of the war when deciding whether or not to send Canadian troops to Iraq. The soldiers names are Jeremy Hinzman and Brandon Hughey. I just sent a letter to my MP requesting him to do whatever he can to help these two people out.
Otherwise, on the Japan front, the weather here is finally cooling down. Game one of the World Cup (Canada vs. USA) was on the television tonight although the game was played a few days ago.
Otherwise, on the Japan front, the weather here is finally cooling down. Game one of the World Cup (Canada vs. USA) was on the television tonight although the game was played a few days ago.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home